Why do I want to lose weight?
1. I want to be comfortable in my own skin. I think like I’m thin and move like I’m thin and feel like the current person I see in the mirror isn’t really me. (Yes, there’s a skinny person inside me screaming to get out and I can usually shut her up with cookies…chocolate chip ones.)
2. I know that I am at an unhealthy weight – considered obese on the medical charts. I cannot live this way for the rest of my life.
3. I have never been a runner, but I dream of being a runner. I fantasize about running for a long, long time, in beautiful places and never getting tired. I literally dream this… I believe that losing weight will help me become a runner because running will be less painful when I have less to run.
4. I want to look good for my husband…
5. I don’t want to be the fat bridesmaid at my friend’s wedding next summer – I know, maybe a little shallow and short-term, but it is a motivating factor. She is a personal trainer and has a body most would kill for…
6. I am improving my life in a lot of areas right now (mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical health) and this is one area I need help improving. I want to have a healthy relationship with food and not let it control me. I have to learn to use food to fuel my body, not just feed it.
7. I want to be able to use my body for whatever service God calls me to. I believe the Scripture when it says that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and I want that dwelling place to be well tended.
8. Food has been my comforter which has prevented me from turning to the Holy Spirit, the Comforter. I have ignored issues and medicated them with food for too long. I’m ready to face those things now that I have an outlet and strategy for dealing with them.
9. I plan to go on a shopping spree when I lose the weight and so new clothes is one of the reasons I want to lose!! (Better start saving up now!)
10. It’s time.