Ten reasons why I want to keep the weight off…
1. I feel so great and actually like what I see in the mirror. It looks more like the me I picture. It moves more like the me I feel like.
2. I am no longer at an unhealthy weight. Both BMI and Percent Body Fat are in normal ranges now and I want them to stay that way for life.
3. I go jogging now! I love it! I’ve always wanted to be that girl who says, “I’m going for a run,” or “Yeah, I went for a run this morning,” and now I am!
4. My husband likes what he sees… He loves to take pictures, but I used to hate having my picture taken! It was just a reminder of how out of shape I was. But the other day, I let him take a bunch of me just before a party we were attending. When I looked through them later, I barely recognized myself, but I really liked what I was seeing!
5. I’m proud of the way I’ll look in my friend’s wedding next summer. I will be a healthy, fit bridesmaid.
6. I am still learning how to have a healthy relationship with food, but it is much better than it was! I know I’m on the right path now and can celebrate the victories I experience every day in the area of disciplined eating.
7. I am tending well to the temple of the Holy Spirit. I feel energetic and ready for whatever God may call me to (like go on a mission trip to Turkey in March!).
8. I am dealing with issues in a healthy way. Now, when I just want to eat / medicate with food, I actually think about what I want and why. I think about how food will not solve the problem I am facing. There are still times when I just want what I want but I very rarely give into that spoiled-child mentality.
9. I went shopping for clothes for the first time since I’d lost 30 pounds and 63 inches. It was actually FUN! I liked the clothes I found and loved trying on smaller and smaller sizes! It was so much fun and I felt sooo good about all my hard work! I didn’t have to look for clothes that hide my body – I could just look for clothes that were cute!
10. This is a way of life for me for the rest of my life. I feel great and love the changes I’ve seen and worked so hard for. This is who I am – I fit in my skin now!